Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1300 times)

ThornstromBlog

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:08 AM »
Hi,

Using WP 3.4.1 and StatComm 1.7.20

• You can choose to have "Error" displayed in the Overview but I can't find a reference to what kind of error this is. Is there a log file I can review?
  • In "Last hits" I can see my own public IP showing up. There should be a possibility to select if you would like to have your IP showing up here.
  • In "Last hits" I would like to see a function where you can select number of Hits to display and/or a date function to set what dates to display. This could be combined with Pages: X X X X X as you have in the Spy pages 
  • I have mentioned the Export functionality in another post in this forum. That should be included in my "little" list for suggestions as well

I like this plugin a lot as it gives me a very good overview of what's going on so if you decide to have a pro version that you have to pay for I would be your first customer.  :)

If you need more information you know where to find me!

Keep up the good work.

//PT

forumadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wordpress Ready
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:01:50 AM »
Hi ThornstromBlog:
We appreciate your comments. About your questions:

• >>You can choose to have "Error" displayed in the Overview but I can't find a reference to what kind of error this is. Is there a log file I can review?
Current version doesn't have a feature to review the errors and is badly requested already. That will be implemented on version 1.7.40-1.7.50
  • >>In "Last hits" I can see my own public IP showing up. There should be a possibility to select if you would like to have your IP showing up here.
Current version doesn't have an interactive way of filtering, but we will add to our pending features. One weak workaround is filtering it using the ban ip list, which in turn it also lacks a nice way of interaction  :(. It is also a feature to be implemented prior Statcomm 1.8.x
  • >>In "Last hits" I would like to see a function where you can select number of Hits to display and/or a date function to set what dates to display. This could be combined with Pages: X X X X X as you have in the Spy pages 
That is a good idea and we will add it as a future feature. We are working on the statistics part, a section that has lot of room for improvement.
  • >>I have mentioned the Export functionality in another post in this forum. That should be included in my "little" list for suggestions as well
To be honest we missed your last post  :o , sorry about that. We answered you back now.

As you saw, currently is easy to spot many faults in the plugin which is evolving a fast pace.  As it is , we are about 2/5 to be completed. 
We really appreciate your suggestion about to be our first customer  ;D. A 'pro' version (it will be a the plus version (+) by the way  ;)) was already scheduled long time ago, but it is ahead on time (release 2.0.x) and we hope will be a surprising one.

We know we have a long interesting journey ahead before thinking in 'pluses' and that's why we consider your feedback invaluable. THAT is paying our efforts.
Best regards
Fernando